The arts for social development open discussion will take a look into how the arts and artistic creativity can be used as a force for human, social and economic progress and it will share results and ideas based on a series of workshops/events that took place between April and November 2014. Art professionals, policy makers, educators, academics and stakeholders will discuss the value of interactions and cross-sector collaboration between artists, creative and social entrepreneurs and civil society organisations, explore how social enterprise can help local communities drive change, tackle local challenges and raise awareness of major social issues while fostering a greater understanding and appreciation of arts.
Discussion which will evolve around three axes: Arts and Social Inclusion / Arts and Social Entrepreneurship / Creative Industries and local development
• Christos Carras, Executive director at Onassis Cultural Centre
• Pavlos Kavouras, Head of the Ethnomusicology and Cultural Anthropology Department Athens University
• Amalia Zepou, Vice Mayor for Civil Society and Municipality Decentralisation
• Marzia Macedonio, International Relations, Alto Festival, Napoli
• Vassilis Charalambidis, Artistic director of Bios & Romantso
• Konstantina Zoehrer, Social entrepreneurship researcher - Managing Director of “180 Moires”
• Antigoni Gyra, Artistic Director Kinitiras
• Avgoustos Veinoglou, Artist, Snehta Residency founder
• Ilias Marmaras, media artist, Personal Cinema co-founder
• Vicky Vasilopoulou, Dancevacuum founder/ Choreographer
• Alexandros Stanas, General Director of FOUGARO
Αna Sanchez – Colberg, Head of Theatre Arts & Dance Department at DEREE-American College of Greece, Professor of Choreography and Composition at the University Dance and Circus Stockholm, Greece will coordinate the discussion
Silmutaneous translation will be provided. Admission is free.
For further information please contact Maria Papaioannou: firstname.lastname@example.org